Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome to My Digital Projects

First up, this is my shop where all the magic happens.  It is located right on the river and is adjacent to our home.  As you can see I have a very short commute.  Just a little wlak and I'm in the magic kingdom.


The inside of my shop is not always this clean, but it looks good in this pix!


Here is my favorite tool, my ShopBot.


The Shopbot was invented to assist in the making of furniture.  It is a CNC based router.  The router takes a design that is created on a computer, converts the drawing into toolpaths that the ShopBot then routes out.  While designed primarily to work with wood, the ShopBot has been used to toll in brass, aluminum, marble, ice, and all kinds of 'stuff'!  What I will try and showcase here is things that I and other Botters have created just to let folks see the tremendous creativity and wild variety of things that can be done.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment